King Sejong Institute Foundation is
It's a central public institution supporting the King Sejong Institute which is the overseas educational institution of the Korean language and Korean cultures.
It was established based on Article 9, Section 2 of the [Framework Act on the National Language] in order to do coordination management of the government's propagation project of the Korean language and Korean cultures.
Background of Establishment
- Increase in the demand for the Korean language education
- Rapid increase in the Korean language education thanks to the spread of Hanryu, Increase in international marriage, expansion of Korean enterprises' making inroads into overseas markets, and enforcement of employment license system
- Necessity of the National Brand representing the educational institution of the Korean language
- Awareness of necessity of specialized brand cultivation which can do general support of overseas Korean language education based on the successful strategic propagation project of their own language
- Designation and support of the King Sejong Institute as the educational institution of the Korean language as a foreign language or a second language and Korean cultures and such lectures
- Development & operation of the homepage (Nuri_King Sejong Institute) which educates the Korean language or Korean cultures as a foreign language or a second language online
- King Sejong Institute's Korean language standard curriculum and textbook supply
- King Sejong Institute's support of teacher training of the Korean language and their dispatch
- Cultural education and promotion project through the King Sejong Institute
- Other necessary projects of the Korean language propagation as a foreign language or a second language