Operation of the King Sejong Institute
- Support of the King Sejong Institute Operation Support Fund
- Dispatch of Professional Teachers of the Korean language
- Operation of Re-training Program for Teachers at the King Sejong Institute
- Operation of Korean Culture Training Program by inviting excellent learners to Korea
- Provision of Teacher’s Guidebook and Standard Text suited for the standard level
- Provision of Nuri-King Sejong Institute Educational Management System, online lectures and educational data
- Increasing competitive power of King Sejong Institute through an annual evaluation and assessment of operations
Evaluation of the King Sejong Institute
A. Purpose of Operation & Evaluation of the King Sejong Institute
- Qualitative Improvement in the King Sejong Institute’s Education as Korean-spreading standard institute
- Performance Management through systematic, objective evaluation of the King Sejong Institute Operation
B. Evaluation Procedure & Method
||King Sejong Institute evaluationtour (Jan-Feb)
||The Foundation →King Sejong Institute
||School evaluation submission (March)
||King Sejong Institute → The Foundation
||Inspection documents evaluation (April~June)
||Deliberation & Review of the Self-Evaluation Report Submitted by the King Sejong Institute by Organizing the Evaluation & Review Committee
||On-site inspection (September) / Designate and proceed with target location for on-site assessment based on written evaluations
||The Foundation → King Sejong Institute
||Final assessment ruling and announcement (Oct-Nov)
||The Foundation →King Sejong Institute
- Self-Evaluation: Individual King Sejong Institutes are required to autonomously perform the operation checkup of their operation in general according to the self-evaluation form distributed by the Foundation and to submit the relevant evidential documents to the foundation.
- Submission Period for Self-Evaluation: Submission within one month after the business period terminates
- All Institutes are requested to be cautious in preparing the self-evaluation results because the results are used as the evaluation data of the King Sejong Institute, and required documents related to evaluation results should be submitted without fail.
- In case self-inspection is prepared, but its related required evidence is insufficient, the foundation handles the relevant item as not prepared.
- *Satisfaction Survey
- The satisfaction survey becomes an evidential material in relation to several items of the self-inspection; therefore, it’s compulsory that each King Sejong Institute conduct a satisfaction survey for students before Every semester
- The satisfaction survey form and result report apply to the form distributed by the foundation
- On-site evaluation: Depending on the written assessment results, the King Sejong Institute Foundation may dispatch inspectors.
- o Final Screening
- Evaluation Target & Period: Targeting all King Sejong Institutes, the Foundation carries out the evaluation process during the period from March until June.
- Business for evaluation: The King Sejong Institutes’ education & administrative operation in general, and other businesses related to King Sejong Institutes
- Method of Evaluation: Written evaluation through the self-inspection form and on-site evaluation
- ※ The operating institute’s self-inspection materials are used as important base data at a time of closing evaluation; accordingly, it’s required that each King Sejong Institute should prepare the report accurately and in detail and submit the required evidential documents.
Major Evaluation Item (Proposal)
|Operating Human Resources
*The above evaluation items are subject to change..
C. Interim Evaluation (Non-Scheduled Basis)
- The foundation can implement a written or on-site evaluation at a proper time before business is overly targeting the King Sejong Institutes’ spot report in the middle of operating the King Sejong Institutes
D. Application of Evaluation Results
- Operations analysis of current situation according to region and type of institute
- Provision of an institute support system and tailored consulting based on school assessment results
- Give incentives to King Sejong Institute fundraising support activities hosted by the Foundation (Korean language teacher dispatch, Korean culture intern dispatch, World Educators of Korean Education conference, outstanding students cultural immersion opportunities, etc.)
Inquiries: Sejong Department of the King Sejong Institute Foundation 02-3276-0743