Operation & Support of Korean Culture Curricula
- The King Sejong Institute Foundation supports specialized cultural programs in keeping with the demand of King Sejong Institute.
- Cultural experts are dispatched and the educational materials needed for classes are provided.
- Operating culture course (Sejong culture classes), dispatching culture personnel, creating special lecture programs and materials on Korean culture, developing and supporting culture education materials, etc.
A. Business Outline
- Purpose : Expansion of cultural exchange through the systematic propagation of cultural programs based on cultural reciprocity
- Period : From March until December every year
- Target subject: King Sejong Institute (Selection after surveying demand)
- Business Contents : support of King Sejong Institutes’ Korean culture education programs
B. Major Contents
- Operating Sejong culture classes
- Support opening and operation of culture courses tailored to the characteristics of King Sejong Institutes, demands of students, local culture and customs, etc.
- Dispatching culture experts/interns
- Select and send cultural arts personnel as culture faculty in collaboration with relevant agencies and universities in order to open and operate culture classes within the institutes
- Developing and supporting special lecture program and materials on Korean culture
- Develop various cultural education materials such as Korean culture experience pack.
- Dispatching culture experts/interns
- Develop <Sejong Korean Culture>, an educational material containing a variety of elements of Korean culture including Korean cuisine, greeting methods and others (currently under trial operations for 2016)
- Supporting and reinforcing culture classes through the development of a guidebook for faculty based on <Sejong Korean Culture>, auxiliary materials (PPT) and other related educational tools.
King Sejong Institute Korean culture training and scholar program
- King Sejong Institute Foundation seeks and fosters outstanding talents who are ready to contribute to the promotion of Korean culture and cultural exchanges
- By inviting top-class Korean language students from all over the world to come to Korea, opportunities to experience and learn Korean culture are provided
2015 Korean speaking competition / Korean national education and training (KBS) / 2015 Invitation training for outstanding students
A. King Sejong Institute Korean Speaking Competition
- Purpose: Encouraging the motivation for learning of King Sejong Institute students and seeking/supporting outstanding talents
- Period: March to October
- Target: King Sejong Institute students
- Details: Hosts a Korean speaking competition in which students from King Sejong Institutes all over the world participate, supports training costs in Korea, holds qualifying rounds at each King Sejong Institute and selects those to be advanced to the final round
- Invites the final contestants to Korea to host the final round of competition, give out awards and provide opportunities to outstanding students for invitation training
B. Invitation training for outstanding students from King Sejong Institutes
- Purpose: Provides opportunities to experience and learn the Korean language and culture, and develop personnel friendly to Korea
- Period: Every October
- Target: King Sejong Institute students (those advanced to the final round of the speaking competition)
- Details: Supports cultural training opportunities in Korean language and culture for outstanding students who have been selected from the Korean speaking competition
- (Experience program) Programs related to the “Sejong Korean” educational curriculum explore national treasures and nearby attractions
- (Learning program) Learning calligraphy, K-pop, talchum mask dance and taekwondo, standard Korean pronunciation lectures by TV anchors, etc.
- (Special programs) Final round of the nationwide speaking competition, presentation of study program results, etc.
Supported items for participants
||Number of participants
||Criteria for selection
- Korean speaking competition
- Invitation training for outstanding students
- Full roundtrip flight costs (international flights) and living expenses during stay (board and lodging, etc.)
- Scholarships (speaking competition) and souvenirs
|140 people for awards
- Person applicable to any of the following conditions
- Highest scorers in the preliminary rounds of Korean speaking competitions for each institute
- Student with exceptional grades among those in the highest-level class at each institute